I stumbled over some reviews of 2020 (and some other stuff) …
Time for reviews: I am sure that by now, all of you have read several high-quality reviews. Some writing philosophical pieces others focusing on financial markets, their performance and individual portfolio positions. I will do all this too and I am looking forward to it. Here I want to share some reviews, the 1st one is a sad and sometimes funny personal reveiw spanning 2+ decades
- A Farewell to the Hong Kong I Loved (Matthew Brooker, bloomberg opinion)
- valueandopportunity with his 21 (+6) investments for 2021 (portfolio look-through)
- The undercover fund manager learned to Work smarter, not harder in 2020
- Cliff’s (Asness) perspective on the value factor in 2020
- Bill Gates Year-in-Review-2020
- Forager’s 8 Best Blogs of 2020
- deepvalueinvestments’ 2020 full year performance
- Autumn capital’s 2020 in review
- Nick Maggiulli with Top Google Search Terms of 2020
Worrying signs? 2020 IPO record was reached with with US companies and their top shareholders raising $435 bn, surpassing the prior high of $279 bn from 2014. The biotech industry lured the most cash.
China politics: How China Lost Patience With Jack Ma, Its Loudest Billionaire (bloomberg)
Kuppy (adventuresincapitalism) on riding freight trains (position management).
Swen Lorenz‘s 11 business lessons learned from my Sark initiative.
Jamie Catherwood (investor amnesia) looks at A Historic Year.
- Oscar Insurance (private) filed for its IPO, lining up with Root and Lemonade trying to disrupt the insurance market. I feel comfortable with PGR US.
- Softbank (9984 JP) joins the SPAC frency which gain traction in Asia.
- Alibaba (BABA) and its founder Ma got problems with Chinese politics.
- SES (SESG LX), other satcos might receive extra $ from FCC as C-band auction tops $66bn
Best and happy investing, s4v