Below you find the most interesting investment-related content and thought-provoking articels I stumbled about in the recent past. Enjoy reads about: industrial land, reversion to the mean vs regime changes, tier 1 bonds, special situations,
Economics: Joachim Klement on Investing discusses the question Should you buy a house to save for retirement?
Marc Rubinstein from netinterest about The cartographers of finance.
Kuppy from adventuresincapitalism with an interesting piece about shorts (squeezes) on Dillard (DDS US) and more general about his special situation trades and strategy.
Morgan Housel from Collaborative on trends that are Accountable to Darwin or to Newton, providing good analogies and examples for consistent trends or reversion to the mean vs regime changes.
- And other interesting stuff the collaborative team is reading
Memyselfandi from valueandopportunity with his 9m review.
Chris Mayer about The Scarcity of Industrial Land, incl. two companies with very strong stock price performance, because their … you guessed it … industrial land
- Old Dominion Freight Lines (ODFL)
- Copart (CPRT)
Swen Lorenz with his new weekly dispatch about subscription businesses. (if you want to become a paying member to his world-class content please use my affiliate link)
Profitlich & Schmidlin about interesting opportunities within the segment of Long dated Tier-1 bonds which will fail to support better regulatory capital ratios for banks in the new regulatory regime (also available in German).
- A joint venture of Maersk and Bollore Ports will invest the equivalent of € 385m (CFA francs 262 bn) into the devlopment of an Ivory Coast port container terminal
- Pandora A/S released its Q3 trading update with prelim. numbers being much better than expected, pushing the stock higher on Thursday evening, and yet higher on Friday morning. Guidance uplift 🙂 Q3 results are due Nov 3rd.
- Gilead‘s CEO wrote an open letter stating positive results of remdesivir and its various advantages for hospitals, patients and their families and society.
- Technavio with a new market study expects Check Point to be one of the key contributors driving strong growth in network security firewall market until 2024.
Best and happy investing, s4v