Below you find the most interesting investment-related content and thought-provoking articels I stumbled about in the recent past. Enjoy reads about following topics: Uncertainty, Africa, Value Factor, Online Shopping, SoftBank Group,
- Joachim Klement on Investing with a post arguing that the value factor still produces excess returns, if corrected for intangible unproductive assets
- Swen Lorenz from undervalued-shares.com with a three-part mini-series about investing in Africa:
- Forager with a post describing how the current situation accelerates trends towards online sales arguing that consumers will remember their online shopping experiences (good or bad)
- Collaborative about Acceptable Flaws when thinking about risk/opportunity, long-term/short-term periods, odds of change
- Collaborative with The Three Sides of Risk, a very personal and tragic story about risk. Arguing that there are the following three categories of risk and that Tail-end events are all that matter.
- The odds you will get hit.
- The average consequences of getting hit.
- The tail-end consequences of getting hit.
- Howard Marks with its new memo about uncertainty. Sharing many quotes regarding the usefulness of forecasts.
- echtgeld.tv with a German video about Softbank Group: many investments with abysmal performance, Japanese Telco (SBC) performing worse than two major peers, financial engineering
- another [German] podcast about SoftBank: privatinvestor
- awealthofcommonsense.com with a post about rising day trading activity during corona, lockdowns
- The Economist about
- How Anta, a Chinese sportswear firm, is trying to keep up sales during covid-19 as
- global supply chains
Best and happy investing, s4v