Below you find the most interesting investment-related content and thought-provoking articels I stumbled about in the recent past.
Enjoy 🙂 reading , thinking about and getting involved in discussions
- Dr. Hendrik Leber (Acatis) talks about Should Value Investors look more into Growth?
- According to the latest memo from Howards Mark of Oaktree Capital, during the current corona crisis most opinions are merely
informedguesses. He asks a whole bunch of thought-provoking questions regarding current actions undertaken from government and central banks
- A post at efficientfrontier.com about the upward distribution of stocks and their rightful owners.
- Even before the article, I liked the used quote about the rightful owners very much. Check out other quotes.
- Joachim Klement on Investing
- Ensemble Funds with its Investor Letter for the First Quarter 2020 talking about the general market development and its high volatility, as well as
- Mastercard and Home Depot issuing long-term bonds
- giving us a feeling for numbers (million, billions and trillions), since most people probably do not feel a difference anymore…
- many interesting snippets (company focus)
- and here the call transcript
- With all this government spending going on, Collaborative asks Who Pays For This?
The economist with a snippet about Britains pubs, reminded me of my Greene King investment (sold by now). Lead me to have a look for other listed pub companies. The biggest, JD Wetherspoon (JDW LN) performed worse (as expected) than the FTSE this year. Maybe I find time to find time to analyse JDW or another pub company soon.
- Jared Dillian for Bloomberg Opinion with Money Is In Jeopardy of Losing All Meaning (two graphs below)
Best, ahve a nice weekend and happy investing*, s4v
*) another post today ended with good luck